The 2014 MotoGP Jerez Grand Prix at Spain's Circuito de Jerez is Sunday, May 4. Be sure to catch all the action on Fox Sports 1 starting 7:00 a.m. EDT. For race fans out there that will not have access to the Fox Sports 1 when the lights go out, be sure to catch the live stream online by signing up for MotoGP 2013 MultiScreen Season VideoPass here.
Young Spaniard Marc Marquez stormed to his fourth consecutive pole position and made a huge statement by recording the fastest ever MotoGP lap time at Jerez. Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo and his Yamaha sat in pole for most of Q2 until a last minute lap elevated Marquez to the front of the grid with a 1m38.120s. Marc Marquez cleared Lorenzo by four tenths of a second. This kid is unstoppable.
"We changed our strategy at the last minute; I asked Santi if it would be possible to use three soft tyres, and he said that it was. It was all last minute and I am satisfied with how it worked out," said Marquez.
“I am very happy with this pole position, as it was hard fought and I wasn't expecting it. We are suffering a little more here than at other tracks, but despite this we are still at the same level as Lorenzo and Dani."
Now, even though Marquez clinched pole, the hard part isn't over yet. No rider has won the Spanish MotoGP from pole position since Loris Capirossi back in 2006. The 2014 MotoGP Jerez Grand Prix at Spain's Circuito de Jerez is Sunday, May 4. Be sure to catch all the action on Fox Sports 1 starting 7:00 a.m. EDT. For race fans out there that will not have access to the Fox Sports 1 when the lights go out, be sure to catch the live stream online by signing up for MotoGP 2013 MultiScreen Season VideoPass here. Be sure to check out the qualifying results and the preview to the Qatar Grand Prix below:
1. Marc Marquez Honda 1m38.120s
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m38.541s +0.421s
3. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m38.630s +0.510s
4. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m38.857s +0.737s
5. Aleix Espargaro Forward Yamaha 1m39.007s +0.887s
6. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 1m39.222s +1.102s
7. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m39.243s +1.123s
8. Pol Espargaro Tech 3 Yamaha 1m39.293s +1.173s
9. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha 1m39.390s +1.270s
10. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m39.751s +1.631s
11. Colin Edwards Forward Yamaha 1m39.814s +1.694s
12. Nicky Hayden Aspar Honda 1m39.826s +1.706s
13. Hiroshi Aoyama Aspar Honda 1m39.768s Q1
14. Cal Crutchlow Ducati 1m39.849s Q1
15. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati 1m40.118s Q1
16. Karel Abraham Cardion Honda 1m40.126s Q1
17. Michele Pirro Ducati 1m40.239s Q1
18. Scott Redding Gresini Honda 1m40.453s Q1
19. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Ducati 1m40.566s Q1
20. Danilo Petrucci Ioda Aprilia 1m41.009s Q1
21. Michael Laverty PBM Aprilia 1m41.124s Q1
22. Mike di Meglio Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m41.517s Q1
23. Broc Parkes PBM Aprilia 1m41.702s Q1
24. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m42.052s Q1